Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My Loot From The Weekend!


Lovely Indian Summer is upon us with mild air and lovely colors. As promised, here are a couple of pictures of my loot from the weekend of shopping at the Peterboro Basket Company's seconds bin.


Miss Tanner refused to pose nicely!


Of these three, only one had a visible blemish, in the form of a small split of one slat on the corner. I will trim it with scissors so that it won't catch on things. I think that these were $17 each.


Can you see the broken piece?

Miss Emma Lynne thought that the baskets were a bore and decided to take a bath by writhing in the stray tennis balls on the lawn.




My favorite part of the haul from the weekend was the loot from Camille's Evergreen Country Primitives quilt shop. Her "Fat Quarter Frenzy" was a great deal at $1 each for 25 Fat Quarters!


Oh my, they are so pretty!


Evergreen specializes in Civil War fabric, so I love everything there!


These were all first quality!


I was thrilled to find 40 to bring home with me.


Having splurged so nicely, I did feel compelled to sit and sew, too. These are the next two of my Celtic Solstice Birthday Girl blocks by Bonnie Hunter. Link here.


Thank you so much Bonnie, for your wonderful designs!


And here they are all starched and pressed.


 Happy sewing!








4 comments:

Feathers in my Nest said...

Oooooooo, Love the Baskets..very nice Vic..and I have serious fabric envy! Fabric Envy! That's my kind of sale..kisses & hugs to Miss Emma & Tanner please..

Janet O. said...

Great finds on the baskets and the FQs.
I can't wait to see your Celtic Solstice all together. Those colors are gorgeous!

cityquilter grace said...

nice blocks....gorgeous baskets...lovely fabric! a trifecta!....lol

helen said...

Oh, gorgeous fabrics!!
I appreciate very much your posts, always interesting and about everything : patchwork and quilts, of course, your family, friends and pets, nature, and lovely pictures!
Thank you and best wishes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...