Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Fall Arrives

As the cooler fall weather has been arriving I've been breathing a sigh of relief! I was  able to capture a couple of photos of the flock of wild turkeys that stroll almost daily through my front yard.



These birds are very wary and shy and I  counted 14 of them.


Then coming home from the Senior Center, I saw three deer too  in the front yard. Sorry that the photo is so poor but  maybe you can make out their heads.


On the quilty front, I  was able to get up to Ellen Peters'  studio to quilt my quarter square throw quilt.


Simple loop-de-loops made this one quick to quilt.


Here is what the layout looks like.



At the Senior Center there were lots of pretty projects going on amongst the group. Here is Meb and her quilt.


So pretty!


Sarah was  working on her Civil War reproduction blocks.


Mary had this to show.


Happy quilting!

3 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I love that quarter square quilt! Funny how something so simple can look so sophisticated!

Janet O. said...

Yes, I can see the deer!
Glad things are cooling down for you. It has been a beast of a summer!
I, too, love that quarter square quilt! Was that pattern from a book, or did you find it online, or just make it up? :)

Nann said...

You're back! I was just going to write to say that I've missed your updates.
I haven't seen any wild turkeys in the area, but I did get a photo of a crane this morning. (It considerately stayed in the same field until I could turn around and get back to snap its picture.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...