Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Celebrations

On Sunday, December 8th, my wonderful sister, Suzanne, and her beloved husband, William took Ilse and me to a bell ringer's concert at a local church. Here is Ilse going into the church.


The music was lovely; all Christmas selections and played on 154 hand bells and 85 chimes.


They did the Carol Of The Bells, and also my favorite, Bring A Torch, Jeanette Isabella, an old French carol.

My dear friend, Ila, from Illinois, sent me this huge box of perfect pears. Thank you, Ila!


At the Senior Center, Meb was running a string block workshop for us and it was great fun to see all the scraps!


I brought in a couple of string quilts to show what the finished blocks can look like.


Whenever I'm making string quilts from various scraps, I like to use one color or one fabric on the center strip to unify the quilt. Can you tell that I love red?


At the Golden Gese Quilt Shop, Maureen was finishing up her matching placemats and table runner from a jelly roll. These look great!


Then, on Thursday, I took Ilse to the Senior Center for their lovely holiday meal of Chicken Cordon Blue.


Someone had made a Santa party favor for each guest from needlepoint. Aren't they cute?


The table was very festive,too.


As we dined on our feast, the Meals On Wheels Band played and sang Christmas carols.


It was a good meal and a fun day out and I'm glad that we enjoyed good weather for it.


My two sisters keep me consoled that Felix is not here and my many loving friends are a true gift.


Merry Christmas to all of you!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...