Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Frances' 95th Birthday Quilt

I am honored to have a girlfriend, Frances, who is 95 years old on March 8th, 2011. She lives in Florida by herself independently in a very pretty doublewide that is in a park with an active elderly community. She shops for fancy outfits with black sequins so that she will look great every Saturday night at the community clubhouse for drinks, dancing and a live band. Frances dances with everybody and was dating an 85 year old man for a while. Her health is good and her mind is sharp. When she was about 85, she gave up smoking cigarettes from a short black cigarette-holder. When I grow up, I want to be just like her! LOL
Here is the quilt I sent her:

I had "cheated" on this quilt by purchasing the top already assembled by a lady in Caifornia who supplements her income by selling them on Ebay. I hadn't intended to buy it, I just bid $15 to try to get the price up for her and wound up winning the auction! My longarmer, Linda Monasky quilted it. I had trouble finding a warm cozy purple cotton flannel for the backing that was NOT juvenile. But I was in WalMart (mine is a small store that blessedly still has a fabric department)and this batik printed flannel was on the mark-down shelf for $3.44 a yard and was perfect!!! New Hampshire's State Flower is the common lilac, so Purple Snowballs were sent to Florida!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...