Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lincoln's Platform Block

Whew! This Saturday's Civil War Block was more difficult to piece accurately than I realized it would be! It's also known as Shoo Fly or Hole in the Barn Door. I had trouble getting the mid-rails to look nice and straight and, for the life of me, I dunno why. Here is mine just resting on the Sarah Morgan designed Civil War red by Blue Hills Fabrics. I think it really "pops" against the red.

The large-scale scroll print may not be in the most successful placement here. I like the way the blue-ish backgrounds play with the rails, but it would have been better to put the scroll in the center and use the red for the triangular churn dashes. If I get ambitious, I'll do it over, but don't count on it! LOL!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...