Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Beating the Blues

Saturday my statement from the Social Security office came in and was very worrisome to me because it was so confusing. There was nothing I could do about it as it was the weekend. So to beat the blues and worry, I took myself up to Center Harbor to the Keepsake Quilting retail store's sidewalk sale!



The weather was perfectly lovely and there were few shoppers due to its being late in the day, close to the closing of the sale.


Fabrics were priced at $10 per pound and a pound of fabric is about 3 yards. I bought this bag of three pounds and was delighted! I did not even think about my Social Security worries, just shopped.


Here are the pieces that I bought.


Then on Tuesday, I enjoyed breakfast with my quilty friends at the Senior Center. We had Eggs Benedict with peach slices and cottage cheese with pineapple. It  was so good!


I brought in a whole raft of miscellaneous fat quarters for everybody to claim for their own and was so pleased that the group grabbed them up!


There were no squabbles, just sharing fabrics.


There were tops to show and tell.



And applique going on, too.






I still miss Felix very, very much. It's like a hole in my heart. I must continue to only take one day at a time because if I think about years ahead without his cheerful smile I would surely give up. Rest in peace, Felix.

Happy quilting!









5 comments:

Robin said...

How lucky to live so close to Keepsake Quilting. And you were able to buy some beautiful fabric so inexpensively. I'm glad you're staying busy and not just remaining at home. Just being around people is good therapy and when it's people you like it's a bonus. I haven't lost my spouse but we lost our 3 yr old son years ago and sometimes it helped just to go grocery shopping. I don't know your religious convictions but I believe Felix is missing you too.

Elaine Adair said...

Just keep on keepin' on. It will be interesting to hear how the statement works out. Go ahead and call the number that is probably included - hopefully they will clarify things quickly.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You are an inspiration and are setting an example for others to follow! Good for you for not wasting your time "worrying" about the SS papers and going to your happy place. You were kind to share your fabric with others and was good for body and soul to share a meal with your friends.

Janet O. said...

I've been to that sale towards the end of the day and it is rather nice to miss so much of the congestion. It is a great place to set your troubles on the shelf for a time and get some fabric therapy.
So glad you have good friends to hang out with at the Senior Center. Good of you to share your "bounties" with them.

cityquilter grace said...

looks like a fun day all around vic...oh those keepsake sales...LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...