Monday, August 5, 2019

Moving Forward

Friday I did go in to the Golden Gese Quilt shop in Concord to see all my loyal quilty friends and to hug them in person. Although I did not feel up to sewing myself, I was inspired by all that they were doing. Here are some pictures of their projects. Maureen was  making these beautiful blocks.



Tammy was quilting a gorgeous fall log cabin table runner. Look at those tiny strips!




When I left the Gese Shop, I bought gasoline at Sam's Club and was delighted with their price of $2.45 per gallon and filled the tank. Then I headed up to Laconia to my regular follow up appointment with my oncologist for the breast cancer. I had a great check up and he doesn't need to see me for another 6 months. He was very sympathetic about Felix's sudden passing, too.

Felix always used to go with me to all my appointments so I missed him. This is a picture of Felix with me at the Concord Hospital as we rang the big bell to celebrate the end of my breast cancer radiation treatments.



Then on Sunday, I took a big road trip to South Freeport, Maine, to meet up with Grace from Stashbusters and her Mom. Grace used to live in Maine and we always met to enjoy the Rochester, NH quilt shows together. She has since moved to Maryland, so I do not see her until she comes by Amtrak to Maine to visit  her Mom, Carolyn. We had a lovely lunch of Lobster rolls at Harraseeket's Lunch and Lobster. This is Carolyn and then a picture of Grace and me.




This is the flag at half mast when I lowered it to honor Felix's passing at Park Hill Farm.


He was always there for me, telling that I was pretty and how much he loved me. I have so many wonderful memories of his reaching over with his hand to squeeze mine and to say  "I love you!"

Each day is a new challenge and adventure to go on without him. I miss him so much. Rest in Peace, my honey!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am glad to see you getting out among your friends. Even if you don't feel like sewing, the associations are helpful. You have had a good companion and you know it will take time to find your rhythm without him by your side, but it appears that you are doing what you can.
Love to see the shots of you with Grace. I have such fond memories of meeting up with the two of you. You both look really good!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Am glad to hear you went to spend time with your friends--they will be there for you, just as you would be there for them.

Elaine Adair said...

I took a queue from you with gasoline price dropping but uh oh, today, western Nebraska, it was $2.79. But you know I was thinking of you. 8-)))

Lori said...

Its great to see you with Grace. Your hair looks very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...