Thursday, April 13, 2017

Sixteen Patches

Finally the fix has come about for a windows Photo acquisition wizard problem so that I can upload photos again!

The newest project has been to furiously piece 2½" squares into 16-patches. I have been happily sewing them together for about a week. Now I have 36 blocks that are all pressed and starched.


These are all Civil War reproductions and they are very merry all together. My plan is to put them together and put slab borders onto to them in a lovely red.



The warmer weather has come to the north country at last and we welcome it to take away the old brown snow.

Happy sewing!

10 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love the lively mix of colors and patterns coexisting in each block; well done! I have missed you, Vic. :)

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh yes, my favorite kind of blocks! The scrappier the better. Beautiful!

Janet O. said...

Wonderfully happy, scrappy blocks. And what a surprise (not) that you have chosen red for the sashing! : )

Nann said...

Glad to have you sewing and blogging! And now it's daffodil time so your blog header photo is in season!

julieQ said...

What pretty fabrics...I know you will love this quilt!!

Panto Pam said...

Scrappy Civil War quilts are my favorite! Glad to see you posting again. I've missed reading all about your adventures.

Cathy said...

Good to see the cw repros out and about as well as Ms Parkhill!

Feathers in my Nest said...

My kind of quilting! Lovely Vic, just like you.
Have a Blessed Easter my Friend. XXOO

hared said...

Vic, so glad to see you back--I really did miss your posts!

Gina in Missouri

els said...

It's so nice to see you back on internet.
I am so jealous to see all the different Civil War fabrics in your new nine patch quilt. You are such a lucky woman to live in a country with an abundance of quiltstores and magnificent fabrics.
I almost finished the top of my Stars in a Time Warp quilt. I'll send a picture when I am ready.
Have a nice day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...