Monday, August 21, 2017

Rolling Along

Just a quick aside to acknowledge our 62% of an eclipse here in New Hampshire.


It got kinda dimly lit and the temperature blessedly dropped from 82° F to 78° F, but it never got truly dark. The best part was being able to be home for the great TV coverage of the event.

I've made a little more progress on those "X" blocks for my Arkansas Crossroads quilt. I cut the blanks of the 4½" squares last Tuesday so I had a good supply of them.


The squares are an RJR fabric called Cotton Supreme in the "Canvas" colorway which is a pretty off-white. I used some randomly cut 2½" squares of Civil War reproduction fabrics to snowball the corners.


Although they are simple to make, they are time consuming. I only got three done, but on the other hand, I am taking the time to sew the second seam to be able to harvest the bonus HST's.

Sue had made a jelly roll quilt in pretty teal selections. Nice work, Sue!


Now she's working on her second baby cloth book.


Mary had all the coasters and table mat to make a tea setting that she plans to sell at a local craft fair.


Mary also made three cute animal heads that were too precious to use as pin cushions. She's going to attach these to the corner of a baby blanket made of poly fleece.


Marjorie has pretty much finished joining her yoyo's. Now she needs to decide what fabric would look best as a back drop for the yoyo pillow cover.


There's nothing more fun than stitching on my featherweight with my friends!



Happy sewing!





4 comments:

Nann said...

Your scrappy blocks are always a delight to see, Vic. The soft cream highlights the repros so nicely.

Nancy said...

It's always fun to see what your next quilt will be. This Arkansas Crossroads looks simple to make but I'm sure it will pack a punch when it's finished. Light cream always seems to give the colors room to shine.

Janet O. said...

Arkansas Crossroads is going to be another wonderful scrap creation! If I had enough patience, I think I would want to make all of the large scrap quilts you make!!
You ladies are always being productive--how fun to be able to do it while enjoying each others company--and chocolate! :)

cityquilter grace said...

i love love love it...and lots of white space to show off your machine quilting skills...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...