Saturday, July 7, 2018

Starstruck Quilt

Today was a one day respite from the high heat and humidity and it was very welcome relief! On Wednesday, the 4th of July, Ellen Peters helped me by  loading Starstruck, a Bonnie Hunter pattern.


It was relatively cool  in the studio but the physical exertion caused sweat to run down my brow into my eyes, ugh!


It is a big 90" by 90" and I quilted my big  loose spirals across the width in rows.


 In today's cooler drier air I felt inspired to trim the excess batting and backing off the edges of the quilt and machine sewed the binding to it.


Now it is ready for hand hemming the binding which will take me some time.


On Tuesday, the Sunshine Club met and we enjoyed a good time sharing our various projects. Here is Mary's quilt.


Sue finished up her pretty strippy quilt in light aquas and cocoa browns.


Great job, Sue!


Hope you can stay cool in this nation wide heat wave!

Happy quilting!


3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Starstruck looks very nice, Vic!
How grateful I am that I convinced DH to get AC about 10 years ago. :)

cityquilter grace said...

gorgeous quilt in your fave reds....sooo nice! and to finish is even better...we finally got a break from awful heat too...today first day no a/c for quite a while...

Lori said...

Your quilt is lovely!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...