Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Already December!

Thanks to my dear friends, Dick and Grace, I celebrated a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at their house with my neighbor, Ilse, and her two house guests, Rosie and Leon. They set the perfect table for us.


Here are our host and hostess, Dick and Grace.


We enjoyed each other's company and had a lively game of trying to name all the Democratic candidates.


Nobody could get all of them and a few have dropped out since then.


Their little Bichon Frise, "Ziggy," kept us laughing with his antics.


It was so good to be with friends on my first holiday without Felix.

Then, on Saturday, I took myself to Keepsake Quilting's retail store which is about 30 miles away, for their 40% off moving sale. They are going to close the New Hampshire store and consolidate to their North Carolina headquarters. I'm sorry to see them go!


I got there early in the day but it was already mobbed! I waited for half an hour in a line that snaked through the store just to get to the cutting tables.


There was another 20 minute wait to get to the checkout, too.


When, at last, I was able to leave with my treasures, I stopped off at The Canoe restaurant for lunch of my favorite, their lobster/mac/cheese dish.


Their portions are huge! After eating all I could, I still took home the other half of the dish for a meal at home.


I liked the sash that they tied up my bag with at Keepsake. It's a pretty French blue.


These are the fabrics that I bought and I got enough to make a raft of pretty pillowcases for my family at Christmas time.


My bill for fabrics was under $60 for ten yards worth, so I think that I did well and no shipping fees, either.

We had two days of snow, 6 inches on Monday, then another 6 inches on Tuesday. My wonderful local plow guy got me all plowed out nicely, so I'm good!

Hope you had a lovely holiday and are now quilting up a storm!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...