Sunday, July 26, 2015

Quilting the Mystery

Thursday and Friday were a whirlwind of quilty fun!


I did go to The Golden Gese Quilt Shop at 22 Liberty Street in Concord, New Hampshire and sewed with the Downstairs Gang. Here are Beverly and Sue seen below.


Beverly was working on a new Drunkard's Path with modern prints.


Sue was cutting out pieces for the quilt pictured on the wall in the photo below.


Her colors are greens, creams, and blacks, and I teased her about her fancy water bottle matching her quilt, LOL!


Maureen and Sue, below, were having fun looking at each other's projects and we all chomped a little chocolate, too.


Just look at Maureen's batiks!!!


The colors are so vibrant!


My project was sewing my little Quilt As You Go donation quilt. It is made from strips of Moda's Country Orchard line of scrap bags and I did do some supplementing of the strips from my stash.

Aside from my Civil War fabrics, I'm also a sucker for any pretty floral and I have a distinct weakness for Robyn Pandolf romantics.



On Thursday I was able to book the Cat's Whiskers Studio to rent time on the big longarm. Here is Ellen helping me by loading my Grand Illusion.


One of my benefactors, Ila, had sent me a polyester batting of Thinsulate in a queen size. I had been hoarding it for a special occasion. This was it!!! THANK YOU, Ila!!!


Ellen and I were very pleased that this bat had a sturdy scrim that held up very well as we were loading it. There was no stretching or separating with "thin spots." This quilt will be warm and lightweight.


The quilting took me 2½ hours in an edge-to-edge loops and hearts free style that I truly enjoy doing.


The thread that I chose was a rather plain buff or cocoa color. OMG, I can't get away from thinking in chocolate colors even when describing thread, LOL! Thank you, Ellen, for all your help!


I used three bobbins and I kinda hurried my way along so that I could take our one running car to get Husband Wonderful to the Vision Center at the Concord, New Hampshire Walmart for his routine eye exam.


Grand Illusion has been a work in progress since mid November of 2014 when Bonnie K. Hunter first set out the clues for her now-famous annual mystery.

Thank you so very much, Bonnie, for this gorgeous design!! If you'd like to make this oh-so-worth-it quilt, here is the link to the $8 digital pattern. Link. It's a show stopper!

It was hectic, but Mr. Tipper, out on the shady deck, reminded me to take the time to relax!


I am linking up to Oh, Scrap! linky party so hop on over and see what's cooking there! Link.

 Happy Sewing!











5 comments:

Nann said...

Good for you to be nearly finished with GI! Mine is still in the box...my flimsy stash has increased considerably this year. The circle blocks are in such yummy colors.

gayle said...

Cocoa thread! I love it!
That batik quilt is gorgeous - I love the richness of batik colors.
And there you are again, quilting ANOTHER quilt! I'm so impressed with how much you accomplish!

Janet O. said...

WooHoo! Congrats on getting Grand Illusion quilted!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

One step closer to having this beautiful quilt finished! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Auzzie said...

Victoria, I love your web site. Quilt on.

Maureen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...