Friday, February 10, 2017

Blessed Be!

A big storm and a few days accidentally locked out of my accounts has made this an exciting transition!


It is sad to admit how dependent I have become on the rich life on the internet, but none-the-less, my life is great again now. Big "Thank you's" are going out to my Husband Wonderful, my Plow-boy!


As you can see in the above photograph, there are great big semi tractor trailer trucks that whizz along my street. That is exactly why I am delighted to only allow Miss Emma Lynne to race around in her fenced exercise area. Here, below, you can see her all tuckered out from her romping in fresh clean snow!


As for the quilting news front, not much was accomplished here at Park Hill Farm. Quilts are stacked up as we use and launder them for both warmth and comfort. Here is an old one that was in the way:


The maroon flannel backing, which came from a local thrift shop, is soft and snuggly! I had used up an orphaned block for the label back when it was done.


Buried underneath, sure enough, was my lovely stack of Log Cabin Lunacy blocks, completely untouched this month. I laugh to see them, still nicely starched in their pile, waiting patiently for me to resume work on them.


Although I love making big beautiful quilts, my little hut is quite cluttered and dingy in the interior views.


My dining room table is heaped with his tools and toys and my fabrics, hats, and bags.


Clutter abounds in the dining area, filled with tote bags of quilts in various stages of completion!
My plants grow so fast that often I choose to give away rooted cuttings on the local chapter of Freecycle.


My home is truly happy havoc!

Blessed be!






19 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

it's only clutter if you say it is....nice to see the sun anyway...

Gale said...

Love seeing your real work area. I have a couple of rooms that look similar! Sorry about all the snow.

Janet O. said...

Good to see you back on the worldwide web!
And what a relief that the log cabins are found! : )
I have a couple of whatever that plant is hanging in your photo. I'm ashamed that I can't remember the name of the plant. I used to know those things. LOL

julieQ said...

I really love those log cabin lunacy blocks!

Nann said...

Your houseplants are luxuriant! I noted the chalkboard in the dining room. We have a small (10 x 12) whiteboard propped on one of the dining room side chairs for our weekly schedule. It's a practice I began when S was in the nursing home for rehab this fall.

No snow in Chicagoland -- looks as though you're going to get smacked again in a day or so.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You are so lucky to have a hubby who clears the streets. Your sweet pup looks plum tucked out. Clutter--no, it is just the sign of a creative mind.

Janet said...

Glad to hear you survived the storm. Your house looks even more cluttered with quilting things than mine does!!

Roma said...

Vic, I so enjoy reading your blog.. You are a down to earth person for sure. I have small home as well and fabric, books, sewing machines have taken up a lot if real estate. What you have is a good clutter.. And it is your home!!
Thanks for sharing.. I thought I was the only one with quilters clutter!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Hi Vic...Felix is indeed Mr. Wonderful.

Is that plant that's hanging in the dining room a Hoya of some kind? Hoya Carnosa Variegata?
You can Always send me clippings Vic...I'm the plant Gal...I'll take a count sometime.
Hugs, Debra.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

It took us all day to dig out our house and our neighbor's. Looks like Felix had quite a job too! Hope you unearth some more quilty treasures! Love the log cabins.

kathy said...

Dear Vic, Hope all is well with you . Always looking forward to your new projects. they are an inspiration to us all

Cathy said...

Are you okay??? I miss you!!!!!

Auntie Em said...

Another person here inquiring to see how you are. I've noticed you've not been posting lately. Hope all is well.
-Auntie Em

Cathy said...

Are you okay? I'm worried about you.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hope you're well up there in NH; I know you're getting ready for another round of the snowy stuff. Take good care and keep warm, my friend. Check in when you can, Vic, I miss your posts!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Oh Victoria! I'm worried about you...Do I need to take a ride north? I will if you need me.
XXOO and much Love.

Unknown said...

I'm worried too! Does anyone know if Ms. Vic is ok?

Nancy said...

Hi, Vic. You haven't posted for nearly two months and I'm wondering if you (and your husband) are okay? Are you? I hope so!

Janet Orr said...

I'm also missing her! Praying everything and everyone is ok? Anyone know of a way to contact her?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...