Saturday, October 14, 2017

Being Vocal

Crisp autumnal air has now swept down in from our Canadian neighbors. It is such a relief! Why, yesterday's fog was so patchy that I cannot imagine how the brave souls on the roads fared.

The Department Of Transportation work crews seem to be ever present as their best season for line-painting wanes away.

I've not very much to report on the quilty front, but continue to make progress towards my hand hemming on that old log cabin quilt.



This picture, above, was taken way back in September, but I'm still working on it. Yea!!!!


Rural farms





Included also are some various indoor and outdoor scenes of the glories of Fall weather.

The best of times are when my beloved spouse, Mr. Felix, has the energy to argue with me,


Laughing out loud.




This is someone else's Sunny Lanes quilt, but its picture inspires me to get off my own dead butt and work some more on mine. We'll see.


May you all continue to bloom wherever you are planted for the moment!

Northwestern starlight at dusk.


Love, light, and laughter from,

Vic in NH

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

Hi, Vic!
Looks like you found some nice Fall color. I've been hearing from other New Englanders that it isn't that brilliant this year--too warm.
Sunny Lanes is a pattern I have long had on my to-do list. Alas, just another quilt I love but haven't made. Didn't recall you were doing one. When did you last share it?
Love the twilight shot!

swooze said...

Good to see you post. Thanks for sharing the pics of the fall foliage. Makes me miss home. Hope you are well.

cityquilter grace said...

nice to see you blogging again! lovely fall photos...

Nann said...

Good to see your post today, Vic. My stepdaughter in Henniker posted photos of a lovely autumn day in New Hampshire. It's poured and poured all day here.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Please send some of that cool weather south--85 degrees here! The New England fall foliage is beautiful, I think the leaves are just turning brown and falling off the trees her in the south. Keep plugging away at your projects, there are times it seems like we will never complete them and then we do.

Lori said...

Hey, I think I've seen that quilt before!?? Teehee! Its warm here but I love it, no snow and we are combining.

*-* said...



Hello Vicki,

I love the beautiful photos &of the country farm and Autmnal colours.
The Sunny Lanes quilt looks lovely I understand why you are inspired to get on with a completion. I hope the hemming on the other quilt doesn't take too long.

Kay.

Vic in NH said...

To my very dear readership, I wish to inform you all that my very bad cold is getting much better and better.

Robin said...

Good luck on your Sunny Lanes. I made that pattern a couple of years ago and loved the whole process. The picture of twilight is very nice. The colors of the evening have always been my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...