Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

Felix and I celebrated Valentine's together with cards, candy, and hazelnut creme flavored coffee. It was fun and we are still best buddies!

Remember that piano key border that I put onto the log cabin top? Well, I had two panel cut pieces left over and wondered whatever to do with those.


I decided to sew them together lengthwise for a small quilt. A fat quarter for the backing and a couple of scraps of batting and then I sandwiched it all together for this.


I free motion quilted this on my white sewing machine by using a darning or quilting foot and the setting of zero on the stitch allowance.


The quilted hearts and loops are only about an inch and a half tall. I sent this piece to my older sister, Suzanne for a Valentine's Day gift.


Since the whole thing was only 11" by 14", it was simple to fold it once in half and then pop it into a large manila envelope to mail it to her. Can't wait for her to get it!


The pieces were 2½" by 6" when I started and then I put on a nice red binding and hand stitched it down.
Happy quilting!



5 comments:

Janet O. said...

What a sweet little Valentine gift. Good use of leftovers, and a very thoughtful gesture.

julieQ said...

Happy Valentine's day!!!

Robin said...

Love your little quilt. The quilting is delightful. What a nice gift.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Wonderful gift for your sister--a very special Valentine

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What a sweet little quilt. I'm sure your sister will adore it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...