Saturday, March 3, 2018

March Forward

Well here it is March already and the snow banks keep melting away to show brown grass. Tuesday was great fun at the Alton Senior Center. An anonymous gentleman gave our director a cash gift to buy an Accuquilt Go die cutting machine for we quilters to use!


Meb and Roney unpacked it and were making bird applique pieces with it. Whee!


Mary was also using some custom applique patterns that she made using stencil plastic.


These are so cute!


Our group welcomed the vacationing school girls, too. They had fun making paper flower crafts.


Meb showed us some of her applique blocks and a nice spool block variation, too.


Here is her pieced split nine patch ready to be sandwiched and quilted.


When I was at home, I used my Companion angle ruler to make up some more quarter square hourglass blocks in reds and creams.


Here is what they look like when sewn and pressed.


I needed 60 of those to go with my variable star blocks.


Now I have enough to layout 11 blocks by 11 blocks for a big quilt.


I was also a very good girl and wound up a nice big bunch of bobbins for my spool rack!


And just for fun, I did a few lavender and rose petal stuffed sachets, too.


These were made with some scraps from the hourglass blocks that were cut from a piece of bargain fabric from Marden's way over in Sanford, Maine 3 years ago.


Three quarters of a yard remnant piece for sale price of $3.99 is surely a bargain! Wheee!

Happy quilting!












5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

an accuquilt cutter? wow, you gals are sure fortunate! lovely blocks, adorable sachets, and marden's fabric? what can i say...always a dream...i'll be there this summer some time...should have used up a lot of my fabric by then (ROFL)....

Janet O. said...

That was quite a nice anonymous gift!
I really like the 9-patch quilt.
Looking forward to seeing your hourglass and star blocks together. I love that combo!

GCPiecemakers said...

What a wonderful gift your anonymous donor made! I love those reds and creams in your hourglass blocks. Very yummy!
Kim in KY

Nann said...

Hope you were unscathed by the nor'easter that hit the coast this weekend.
Nice to see all your projects.

Unknown said...

Wow y'all were busy! Love all that you do and did. You will enjoy the machine. I don't have or want one but know 2 gals that do. Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...