Monday, March 5, 2018

Quilted At Last!

In between small snowstorms I was able to get up to Laconia, New Hampshire to go to the quilting studio. Here is Ellen loading my quilt top onto the big machine.


This was the log cabin with the piano key borders that was rescheduled at least 3 times due to weather. It was good to get it quilted at last!


I chose an antique buff color for the quilting top thread and an ivory for the bottom was a very worthwhile suggestion from Ellen.


Large open spirals were in keeping with the scale of this log cabin and were fast to do.


Hope you can make out the outline of the quilting.


It only took a little over an hour to quilt this 70" by 84" scrappy log cabin.


Here's a peek at the backing fabric in an off white print.


Back at my house, I found a few units that might make a scrappy Jacob's Ladder quilt. Here's the first block.


After the rain cleared and the driveway was dry, I was able to spread out the quilt, trim, measure, and photograph it.


It looks great and I'm binding it in a medium red print.


Happy quilting!








5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am glad you were finally able to skirt the storms and get out to quilt this!
Your log cabin quilts always warm my heart. Any idea how many you have made? I can't even seem to complete one, in any usable size. :)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You did it and it is beautiful! Beautiful fabrics, great design and love the piano border.

GCPiecemakers said...

I know you are happy to have finally gotten your latest Log Cabin quilted. It looks great. I love the reds/creams in your Jacob's Ladder block. Will this one grow up to be a whole quilt or were you just enjoying playing with your fabric?
Kim in KY

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I know that you're getting buried again; I talked to my Dad this morning and he said that they've awakened to 9" and it's still snowing hard. Spring can't be far behind (or at east mud season!). I love the log cabin that you quilted, it is so pretty; where, exactly, is the studio that you speak of in Laconia? Stay warm and dry, and keep stitching! :)

Nann said...

Another week, another storm!
I really like your "distracted by fabric" t-shirt.
Congratulations on the log cabin finish and on the Jacob's Ladder start.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...