Monday, April 2, 2018

Tricks!


Blogger played a trick on me by making my whole new post disappear into cyberspace! So now I will try to recreate it for you.

The snow is receding and brown winter grass is showing. The best thing was the cheery blossoms of my croci by my front door!


Tuesday at the Sunshine Club at the Alton, New Hampshire Senior Center, Meb and Mary were using the large Go cutter that Meb had brought in from home.


Mary has already finished hand quilting her big quilt for her grand kids and it looks great!


Here is a close up of one of the blocks.


You may click on any picture to enlarge it.

Then on Friday at The Golden Gese Quilt Shop in Concord, New Hampshire, we were all admiring Maureen's hand knit sweater for her grand daughter.


The polka dot buttons are so cute down the front with all those gorgeous cable and fancy stitches.


Maureen called this sweater the coat of many colors and each section was made from the leftover yarn from a different sweater that she has made for this granddaughter.


Maureen also finished stitching the final borders onto her patriotic themed quilt top. Looks great!


Nancy Gesen, the quilt shop's owner, on the left, was letting us ogle her fabulous wool on cotton applique quilt top. Wow, what a stunning quilt!


My favorite block was this dragonfly.


Such tiny pieces and such beautiful stitching! good work, Nancy!!!

Happy quilting!


4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

lots of inspiring photos! glad you are seeing blossoms in the cold north...

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh what fun! I especially love the wool on cotton applique! Love to see crocus in the yard!

Janet O. said...

Must have been blogger's idea of an April Fools prank.
I enjoyed all things quilty in this post, but was especially delighted by the sweater. Angie would have loved it if I had ever made her something like that!

Feathers in my Nest said...

All beautiful photos of the Ladies projects!
That sweater is beautiful..What dedication to finish it for her grand daughter.
Crocus are lovely...
Thank you for your very kind comment on my blog.
Spring is on it's way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...