Sunday, January 12, 2020

January Thaw

I ushered in the new year with the sniffles and a constantly runny nose which developed into a cough. It has taken me almost two weeks to shake it but I seem to be better now.

Yesterday was a record breaking January thaw with temps in the upper 50's and bright sun. My driveway melted off all the residual ice and snow and was bone dry at last! To celebrate that, I took myself up to Center Harbor, New Hampshire to Keepsake Quilting's big store closing sale.

It must have been on everybody else's mind to do the same because it was mobbed with shoppers picking out bargains of 70% off. Here's what it looked like.


I shopped for 10 or 15 minutes and then got in line for my hour's wait to the cutting desk.


Then there was another 20 minute wait to the register with my purchases.


There were two end of the bolt selections that I bought that qualified for the $7 per pound price. A pound of fabric is about 3 yards, My combined weight of the two bolts was 3 pounds.


I bought two yards each of a couple of nice cheddars and 4 yards of a pretty floral for pillowcases.


It was sad to see the store's shelves nearly empty and to know that on February 1st they will be gone from New Hampshire forever. They will keep their North Carolina store and still sell on the internet.

I bought about 15 yards of fabric in total for a few cents under $45 so it was well worth the trip.

Happy quilting!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...