Thursday, July 7, 2016

Quilt Yoga

Here's a quick post to let you know the The Sunshine Club did meet at the Alton, New Hampshire Senior Center on Tuesday.

Mary, seen below, had brought in two multi colored tote bags and a red walker bag that she had made over the weekend. Good job, Mary!


Mary is also working on her own personal string quilt and she already has a good start on her blocks.


You can see below that she has a great stash bag of scraps with which to work! Wheeee!


Sue, below, was working on cutting out her Black & White only quilt. I think she's doing this as strings, also, but I forgot to ask her.


Bev and I were stitching, too. She was doing a Stitch In The Ditch quilting project and I was assembling rows for my big Log Cabin.


Sorry my facts are sketchy, but I left early with an upset tummy. Later, and the next day at home, I was able to finish laying out my Jewel Box blocks in my empty guest room on the floor.





Sorry about the sun glare. Here's another view taken after dusk.


It's a small room for this big quilt that is set 12 blocks by 12 blocks. There was lots of bending and stretching to place them. I call it "Quilt Yoga!"

It took two more days to pick it all up, labeling the rows as I went. Whew!

Linking up this post to Oh Scrap! Link.

Happy sewing!



12 comments:

gayle said...

Oh, I hear ya on that Quilt Yoga! I use a design floor, too... 8)

cityquilter grace said...

very nice quilt vic....love the layout...

Janet O. said...

Mary's string quilt is looking good.
Loving your Jewel Box. So appealing!
When I first decided to start quilting (decades ago), that was one of the first patterns I saved--and I have still never made it! *LOL*

kathy said...

super cute jewel box, not so much of a fan of the quilt yoga, maybe Emma could help with the downward dog LOL
kathy

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Ha! I like that, Quilt Yoga. I think we all do it from time to time. This is going to be a stunning quilt!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Quilt yoga--now I can tell my husband am exercising while working on a quilt

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is great to know quilting can be thought of as exercise. Thanks for sharing all those pretty scrap blocks with Oh Scrap! Your quilt is going to be lovely :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

When I made my Jelly Roll Race quilt, I went to work the next day and told my friends that quilting is aerobic! That was a lot of work! Your jewel box quilt is looking great!

Kate said...

That's my kind of yoga! Jewel Box is going to be a gorgeous scrappy quilt.

Nann said...

Hope your bug was fleeting. The challenge with laying out many blocks is to keep them in order. Somehow they flip over between the design wall (or design floor) and the sewing machine!

Cathy said...

Hope you are feeling better by now and hope you can keep those blocks in order. I usually gather them up by row and mark each row but somehow one or two accidentally gets turned the wrong way when I am sewing them together. Now you notice I don't make many quilts anymore where the rows need to be in order!!!

Sandy Panagos said...

I don't know about you, but my quilt yoga is getting harder to do all the time! Your quilt is lovely. Thanks for sharing the work your friends are doing as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...