Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Gazebo Quilt

"Make new friends, but keep the old;
One is silver and the other gold!"

So goes the pretty musical round that I learned some 60 odd years ago when I was in the Brownies. It still rings true in my life.

Now, with the internet, sometimes my old and dear friends are far flung, yet so treasured. So it is with Ila, who just sent me a huge box filled with quilty booty. Just look at what she sent me!


That is a two-handled quilty project tote already filled with sewable goodies!


After my friend, Ila, had invested in a new Accuquilt Go die cutter, she had most kindly offered to do some production-cutting for me. I sent her some of my beloved Civil War era reproduction Fat Quarters to work on cutting up for me. These are the bazillion HST's, all light to dark, right sides together, and ready to sew that she returned to me! Thank you, thank you!


She also included lots of Civil War gift fabric from Boline's, an outlet for fabric near her location. Oh thank you, those are so welcome here!


In the bottom of the large box was a mysterious black plastic bag. I opened it to find THIS!!!! OMG!


OMG! It's a 90" by 90" drop dead gorgeous queen sized quilt! I love it!! It is The Gazebo Quilt.


The colors are so romantic and dreamy in the "Gazebo" line of Rosemont by E. Vive for Benartex.  I love the stars! I love the colors!


Ila has her own longarm and just look at the beautiful quilting panto that she did! I took this photo without the flash so that you could see the beautiful quilting better.


The backing on this is a fabulous Robyn Pandolf floral that is so pretty that this quilt is definitely reversible.


This quilt just thrills me every time that I look at it, THANK YOU, thank you, my very dear friend!


Meanwhile, I had told you all about taking custody of a stray dog in our community as Felix and I are the local Animal Control Officers.
Since then I have learned that her name is Fiona and she is 8 months old. Miss Fiona is waiting for her owner to return from a mission of mercy.
The owner had to go to care for an elderly grandmother who fell, but was out of state.  But, Miss Fiona cannot be released until her appointment with her Rabies Vaccination is completed next Saturday. In the meantime, she must suffer in our captivity, hard time as you can plainly see here below.


Miss Emma Lynne, seen below, and whose shots were just all updated in August at our veterinarian, is now the old lady hostess.


As for me, I have a roaring chest cold and I am staying busy as the Chief K-9 Concierge here at Puppy Kindergarten.

And yes, we still leash-train that rule, "Kitties May Not Be Chased!!!!"


Miss Emma Lynne and Mr. Tipper already know that rule. They are old friends, too!

Sing it out:

"Make new friends, but keep the old;
One is silver and the other gold!"


Linking up to Em's Scrapbag. Link.
Linking up to Oh, Scrap! Link.
Linking up to Love Laugh Quilt. Link.

Stay healthy  and sew on!



10 comments:

gayle said...

Well that's a box of booty that I don't think could be topped! Wow!

cityquilter grace said...

wow...what a surprise! lovely quilt and awesome quilting too!

Janet O. said...

I am always smiling as I read your posts! You are such a day brightener. : )
I learned that song in Brownies, too.
What a wonderful friend you have in Ila!! Not just cutting for you but sending you fabric goodies and a gorgeous quilt. What a beauty!
Looks like Fiona is right at home.
Sorry you are not well. May it pass quickly so you can be about your many activities, creating smiles as usual.

Elaine Adair said...

Wow - best of booty, with the lovely quilt, finished and all! "what goes around, comes around" ... for all the good things YOU do for others, now its YOUR turn to enjoy the finish, the "comes around" part. 8-))

Happy Fall - cool in Nebraska - lovely days, COLD at night. Furnace was on this morning! yikes.

straythreads said...

I had forgotten that that rhyme was a round and we used to sing it at country school, we sang a lot of great songs at country school. The quilt is gorgeous and I have a stack of fabrics that would work beautifully in that pattern. Such fun to get a box of goodies in the mail I usually order a bunch of stuff when hubby goes off fishing for the week but not this year as I am struggling to find places for things.
Gorgeous quilt and love the goodies get well soon

Ann

Vivian said...

Pretty gifts, pretty dogs, pretty quilts! And all of them are good for what ails you -- hope they help speed your recovery!!

Cathy said...

Yes, you have a big and glorious booty indeed! What a friend! I think cutting is the worst part of quilt making so for her to do your cutting for you was wonderful but to send a gorgeous quilt too...like I said...what a friend!

(I could hear that song being sung in rounds in my head as I read your post).

Denise said...

Very fun receiving quilty goodies!

Nann said...

Wow, what a great gift!

And glad that you have id'd your rescue pup.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

That is a friend! Am sure you have and will return her kindness. Hope you are feeling better. Am glad you teach the no chase the kitties rule

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...