Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer Beauty

Some tummy upsets have held me back from very much progress this week, but I did get to the Alton, New Hampshire Senior Center on Tuesday to lay out my heartstring blocks.


Sue and Joyce were helping each other make some corrections on the pinwheels of Sue's baby quilt project.


Marjorie joined us and was working on her pretty pink and black yoyos.


With all the rain, I was able to get one sunny day to photograph my two matching quilts out on my clothesline.


Here is a close up of the fabrics and the quilting.


My rambling roses are so overgrown on the fence, but they do fill the whole yard with their beautiful rose scent!


As I walked by the huge mock orange bushes, a pretty swallowtail butterfly posed for me.


Hope you're having a good week and happy sewing to you!



5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well.
Love your string blocks with the consistent red centers (of course they would be red).
I started just such a project years ago, but my centers are black (of course). Someday I may even dig it out and make more blocks. : )
Your twin quilts look delightful "hanging out" together.
Lovely Swallowtail photo!

straythreads said...

I hope you are feeling better. Love the scrappy quilts!!!

swooze said...

Hope you're feeling better

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hope your tummy issues are resolved. Your quilts are stunning--I visualize them on beds side by side in the same room

cityquilter grace said...

vic, so sorry you've been under the weather....i love your twin quilts...they are sooo pretty....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...