Friday, September 8, 2017

Pretty Gifts

My blog has been a way to meet some of the dearest people in the world! Recently two of my quilty friends have showered me with gifts. First was Janet O. whom you may know from her blog, Rogue Quilter. Link.
She sent me some of her lovely Civil War scraps that are large enough for me to use to make more 2½" mini tumblers.


They are so pretty! It was fun to thumb through each one and marvel at them.


Here is my lap-desk arrangement for cutting the mini tumblers while I watch TV with Husband Wonderful. Thank you so very much, Janet!


Meanwhile, he was processing organic Red Haven peaches for the freezer for pies this winter, yum!


But wait, there was another gift that just arrived this morning! Annie M, from Washington state sent me these beautiful and beautifully made blocks for the Hopscotch quilt.


Annie also enclosed some of this delightful herbal tea that has green tea and strawberry basil. It is wonderful hot or iced! Thank you Annie!


There can be no finer blessings in the world than good friends to share things with!

Happy sewing!



3 comments:

Janet O. said...

You and Annie are two wonderful additions to my life through blogging.
Seems to me that I was the recipient of a wonderful fabric bundle this week from someone in NH waiting for a good blizzard to arrive!! :)

Janet said...

Isn't it fun to receive presents in the mail from friends who you've never even met in person!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Quilting/blogging folks are just the best. In my heart, I will always want to think positive thoughts about humanity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...