Friday, August 9, 2019

A Good Day

My Hero!
 
 
Today was a very good day starting out with my getting the mail from the end of the driveway. It had my statement from the Teacher's Retirement Board, finally! I raised the flag up to full staff which had been lowered to honor the El Paso and Dayton shootings. Had a quick bite to eat and printed out a dollar off coupon for a haircut at Walmart's salon.

Went to the Social Security office by 11am and the place was deserted so I was waited on right away! Wow, how often does that happen? I let them make copies of the Retirement Board's letter and also the official copy of my marriage certificate and I was done. He said that I should receive a letter from them in about 2 weeks stating what my exact benefit will be in the future, but that I will receive my own SS check but not Felix's for August. Whew!

Then I got a nice haircut and a wash at the salon and went on to Market Basket on Fort Eddy Road. I shopped for a couple of dozen eggs, and a few other odds and ends. The biggie was to use the raincheck that we'd gotten from them the day that Felix died. It was for 8 packages of Wholly Guacamole! Yummy! I used the wonderful gift card that the Friday Quilters had sent to me and was thrilled to only pay them $2.75 for all my stuff! Thank you to all the quilters!!!

Got home and found a message on my answering machine from my car insurance agent who's a peach of a gal. She went over all the details of the declaration sheet that had also arrived in the mail. I've opted for an enhanced towing package that was only $2 more a year.

Got home before my Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream melted, too! Oatmeal raisin cookies, my favorites, were on the weekly special so I got two.

So I'm getting along pretty well doing the needful.

9 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Sounds like the entire day was a win-win--thankful these items on your to do list are going smoothly

Janet O. said...

Vic, it is impressive the way you are staying busy and on top of things. It does sound like it was a good day in so many ways. I'll bet Felix is proud of you.
I am still not over the shock that you had no wait at the Social Security office.

cityquilter grace said...

glad you are keeping busy and settling things....

julieQ said...

Vic, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Julierose said...

so nice that it was a good day for you during this trying time...
getting back up and running isn't easy...sending prayers...hugs, Julierose

Elaine Adair said...

Good for you, Ms. Victoria. Thank you for letting your many friends know how you're managing. 8-)))) Smiles sent to you, from across the country!

Robin said...

I've been wondering how you were doing. Sounds like you are making the best of things and have good friends to help you along. Quilters are the best! I know when my father died my mother could never figure out what to buy at the grocery store because she always bought the things that my Dad liked. It takes some adjustments I'm sure but it sounds like you're taking care of yourself too. That's very important.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Vic, you are in my prayers daily. Glad to hear that you're getting along okay and, slowly, doing what needs to be done to take care of yourself. Please know that prayers surround you for peace and strength. Hugs~

Nann said...

The busyness helps, doesn't it? Glad you are getting out and about.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...