Monday, September 9, 2019

Cooler Weather!

The weather has been blessedly cooler and drier lately but tonight's forecast said that Wednesday will be hot and humid again. Ugh! At least it is only for one day.

On Friday I went to the Golden Gese to sew with my friends.



Beverly was working out the placement of her lovely charm pack squares.



A new gal, Sonia Noyes, breezed in and showed us her gorgeous stars and courthouse steps variation.


This was all done in Civil War reds creams and tans. Isn't it beautiful?


She was at the shop to audition some fabrics for the backing to her quilt and picked out the medium cream color from the ones you see here.


Also, I want to say a specially big "Thank you!" to Katie, who reads my blog and sent a large box of fat quarters and scraps to me for the ladies at the Senior Center! Thank you, thank you!



On Tuesday at the Senior Center, Meb let us look at her novice work on her new long arm on this beautiful pink Civil War creation.



Nice going, Meb!!!

As for me, I took a couple of pairs of blocks from my orphan blocks pile and made two placemats for the newest recipients of Meals On Wheels.





They are far from perfect, but I hope that they will cheer someone's day!

I  miss Felix terribly but I am getting through each day and pray for him as the clock strikes 7:45pm the moment when he passed away. God bless you, my honey!

Happy quilting!


3 comments:

Janet O. said...

That Courthouse Steps variation is a beauty. Red there and in Meb's quilt, too. Your happy color. :)
Good of you to make the placemats to brighten someone else's day.

Julierose said...

All lovely works--that log cabin is gorgeous...great colors hugs, Julierose

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Please send some of those cooler temps south--it is still in the mid 90's here. Your group still producing some beautiful quilts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...