Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Two Months

Today marks the end of the second month since my beloved Felix passed away. I still miss him terribly but I think that it is getting a little bit easier as I adjust.



Yesterday my  registration renewal paperwork arrived so I went to the town hall and renewed my car's plates.  I put the stickers right onto the plates and tucked the registration card into the glove box so that nothing could get lost.

My 40 year  old toilet desperately needs replacing so I  called a local handyman for hire who said he could do it. He said that he charges $30 an hour and that the job would take about two hours to do. I will buy a new toilet from the nearest Lowe's for around $150. It will be the new higher height which will be a blessing for getting off of it.

Felix and I always talked over any plans for repairs or improvements. It is unnerving and strange to make these decisions all alone. It takes me several days to get up the courage to make phone calls. I'm like a turtle who must pull back into its shell to hide.

However, I did get a great furnace repair guy to clean and service my old oil burner for me. He also repaired the poor pressure and temperature of the domestic hot water off the furnace. Additionally, he was able to change the sand filter from the well. So I should be all set for winter.

The days are getting cooler which I find to be a blessing. Its mostly been 70's by  day  and mid 40'sby night.

I didn't go into the Golden Gese on Friday, so I have no quilty pictures to show you today, but hope to get some this morning when I go to the Senior Center.

Happy quilting!

7 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Felix would be proud of you. Hang in there! Hugs.

cityquilter grace said...

so far so good there vic...i told ya you would meet LOTS of new men now, didn't it? LOL....

Podunk Pretties said...

You're doing great, Felix would be so happy about your independence. Taking your time to make a decision is most often best. Thanks for sharing, you're and inspiration to many.

Elaine Adair said...

You are getting BIG jobs done - congratulations. Don't worry about being slow in calling, etc. You need time to think about some of these decisions. And, sometimes it's helpful to have just one person making decisions - at least in my own experience! Good for you!!! Do you feel a teensy bit "powerful" now that you've handled those decisions??

Julierose said...

Good for you getting all these jobs done by yourself...it is not easy...
We are happy to welcome autumnal weather here in SE CT--hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

I'm impressed by your take charge attitude to get 'er done. Thinking of you.

Frog Quilter said...

My hubby has been gone eleven months. I miss him terribly too. Day by day

Don’t be hard on yourself. Every day is a victory and you should be proud of yourself. Hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...