Saturday, October 19, 2019

Pumpkin Festival!

On Friday, my wonderful brother-in-law, William, and my wonderful sister, Suzanne, took me out to eat at the Water Street Cafe. They offer a delicious prime rib dinner with rice pilaf and butternut squash cooked with maple syrup. I ate my fill and had extra to take home for lunch today. Here's a picture of Suzanne laughing as I snapped her picture!



After that good meal, we stopped at the Laconia, New Hampshire, Pumpkin Festival for a quick peek at all the Jack-O-Lanterns carved by the local school children. They were amazing!












On the way home, we had a sing-along and laughed at the cold winds that were blowing. I am so blessed to have dear family near me who care so very much about me!

At the Golden Gese Quilt shop, we wished Sue safe travels as she leaves for Florida for the winter. She was making a pretty apron all in pinks and purples. Nice!




Maureen has started sewing a strippy table runner that will have dramatic black borders. Looking good!



Happy quilting!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am glad to know you have loving family around you, and that you can get out together and enjoy each other's company. The Pumpkin Festival looks like good seasonal fun.
And your quilting friends are up to pretty things. :)

Elaine Adair said...

What a happy post, thanks to all the children's pumpkins! It made me smile to see all the grins and talents.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all--a delicious meal, fun pumpkin festival and sewing with friends.

Jeanne said...

So glad that you enjoyed this wonderful fall outing! The meal sounds delicious, and the pumpkins are such fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...