Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Staying Cool






These rain-washed flowers do not show how hot and steamy the days are now! They are so beautiful, orange daylilies, white shasta daisies, blue wild sweet pea, and purple verbena and oh yes, not to forget the black-eyed susan's!
My sister, Suzanne, brought in a large bouquet that we both arranged while she was visiting here yesterday. I go out for a few moments and then race back into the air conditioning (two good sized window units at either end of the house). Then I get to look over at the vase of wild flowers while I sit and sip my tea as I hand hem the binding of "Cotton Candy," my version of Roll Roll, Cotton Bowl. It is almost done! I can't wait to show it to you. You can see a bit of the pieced backing here in this picture:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...