Thursday, August 11, 2011

Long Lost Chum

It amazes me that sometimes things just fall together the way they should! In January 2010, I posted my first quilt on Quilt-Pictures.com  http://www.quilt-pictures.com/orangemans-day.html#comments because I had not yet started this blog. I had forgotten all about it.
But as chance would have it, my oldest dear childhood chum was cruising the net looking for eye-candy quilts and popped into Quilt-Pictures. When she saw my name, she left a comment which was sent to my email. OMG! I was SO surprised! We hadn't kept up and I had not heard from her in 40 years. As luck would have it, we were able to meet at her daughter's farm in the next town over from me for a wonderful luncheon, all home-cooked. It was the most fabulous reunion!

A few days ago, I pulled into my wonderful paved driveway that I use as my layout area for quilts, and saw that we had a visitor in the orchard. This doe was quite large and had a fawn with her, but the little one ran for cover.  She stayed long enough for me to go into the house to fetch the camera to take these:


She sure did like stealing those apples! Felix was furious and chased her off to protect his crop. I got a big laugh out of it all.

2 comments:

JudyCinNC said...

I love happy surprises - and reunions. Thanks for sharing this and the deer pictures. Judy C in NC www.shadetreequilting.com

Cheri said...

Oh there is hope for me again. For the last five or six years I have intermintly search for a childhood friend Cora Lee Wilkie from Boise, Idaho but have had no luck...maybe just maybe....
Love the deer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...