Wednesday, December 30, 2015

First Snow!

Our first snowstorm was a doozy with 4 to 8 inches of wet snow that got freezing rain on top of it. That's never a good combination, LOL!


We decided to wait until it stopped to begin our clean up. Wow, it's heavy to shovel! Check out, above, how white the road is from yesterday.
Here it is, below, today, much better. And I need to get to that mailbox, LOL!


My hero is about to plow us out, yeay!


We also endured one night without heat when the furnace cut out on us on Sunday night. We snuggled under 3 quilts and were very glad when the furnace guy got us running late on Monday morning. I marvel at the pioneer women! Now I have heat and hot water again!

In spite of cleaning up lots of evil-smelling oily paper towels and rags and washing oily jeans, I did do some more of Clue 1 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery. Link.


There are more units that I need to sew and I need to cut some more, too.


My methods are to cut some, sew some, press some. It means I don't get too bored with one task and it gets me up and down from sitting,  too.
I also sewed up two more stacks of 11 blocks into row 5 and row 6 for the Barbara Brackman sew along, "Stars In A Time Warp."Link.


I have 11 rows of 11 blocks to do, so I'll be assembling them all for a while.



Happy quilting!




7 comments:

Janet O. said...

That snowstorm wasn't kidding! : )
I really love that setting for your Stars in a Time Warp blocks.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Oh, Lucky you...we have a dusting..maybe January will be my month.

gayle said...

I do the cut-some-sew-some-press-some thing too, for the same reasons you do.
Your Stars in a Time Warp is absolutely beautiful!
We got a bit of snow yesterday, but it got up to 45 today and melted it away again. No tears from me...

Needled Mom said...

That was a decent first snow!!!

straythreads said...

That snow missed us so sorry it dumped on you. Hope you had a Merry Chrsitmas and a Happy New Year

Janet said...

Nice lot of snow for you! I guess winter is here. More time for being indoors and sewing.... Happy new year!

PaulaB quilts said...

Happy New Year and much fun quilting! Your Stars quilt is half way done, congrats on that. Saw your calamine pink comment on Love, Laugh, Quilt. Brought back horrid memories of my youth in RI, WITH SEVEN YEARS of poison ivy. I even got it on a February walk in the woods. My move to the West Coast ended it, thankfully. None here in WI so far. We finally got our first good snowstorm this week after Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...