Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Nope, nope, nope. I dislike change and I'm about done with any self-improvement programs other than having quit smoking 7 years ago on this day. That's why I took up quilting.


My new year's resolution is that I resolve to have no resolutions. No lists, no secret word, no promises. I'll continue to do the best that I can as a quilter and as a person.

Having said that, last night I was thrilled to have completed my Clue 1 HST's for the Bonnie K. Hunter mystery, Allietare. Thank you Bonnie for this wonderful free gift of your fabulous design!
Link.
This free pattern of hers will only be available until the end of this month, so please download it now if you want to participate in Bonnie's superb design. It is challenging and so worth it!


Is it possible to be sort of ashamed of something you did, but glad that you did it, anyway?

I'm sort of ashamed of having purchased a cheap Chinese cheater quilt for the princely sum of $49.97 from Walmart's introductory price a month ago. But Miss Emma Lynne loves it! (She's very into shabby chic, don't you know?)


It was a twin and came with that one pillow sham that you can see to the left of Miss Emma Lynne.

Last night I also cut up some new projects for new starts. These are the red centers for a new traditional Log Cabin, Yeay!!! I've been itching to start my own ever since I've been teaching it to the Sunshine Club, LOL!


Previous Log Cabins that I've done were with very large scale 2½" strips. Here are two from the past:



I liked them and they encouraged me to do another one of them in all scrappy Civil War reproductions as seen below.


Now my plan is to use the 1½" sized logs so the blocks will only be 8" finished, whoohoo!

But I also want to do some small "thimble" tumblers, too, all in Civil War fabrics, of course. I keep cutting those from my scrap boxes.


That ruler, above, is a 2½" mini tumbler from the Missouri Star Quilt Company and I really love it for salvaging "What-Can-I-Do-With-This?" sized little scraps. Link.

Happy quilting!









7 comments:

audrey said...

I rarely have a list of new years resolutions. so depressing! I'm smiling at your cheater quilt. Almost bought one for my daughter and then decided no, best buy a fluffy type comforter instead so as to not be embarrassed.:) Lovely to see how your scraps are working.

helen said...

Happy New Year to you, too!
And I have to admit that, contrarily of what I have said,
I plan to make Bonnie Hunter's mystery "Allietare" and declare
that I have succumbed to temptation....LOL
Good luck for your beautiful projects and I am looking forward
following the progress on your blog!
Best wishes!

cityquilter grace said...

ooh that log cabin sounds like it will be lovely! and i am doing little tumblers too....mod fabrics tho!

Janet O. said...

Emma Lynne looks very content on her WalMart quilt. : )
Love the sound of the log cabin quilt you are planning.
That little tumbler template is very handy--and fits perfectly on mini charm squares, too.

Nann said...

Happy New Year to everyone (two- and four-legged) at Park Hill Farm! Maybe I will add a log cabin to the list for 2016 . . .

Nann said...

P.S. I sat on the fence for Allietare. Now that I've seen the whole quilt, I like it! Another one for the list?!

gayle said...

Years ago, I made a resolution to never make another resolution. Best idea I ever had...
I can't wait to see those log cabins! It's always fun to watch you grow your quilts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...