Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tuesday Travels

Tuesday was a fun day at the Sunshine Club at the Alton, New Hampshire Senior Center. I was lazy and did not set up my sewing machine. I did bring in a nice 17 piece batch of Civil War reproduction ¼ yard cuts to cut into a home made charm pack of 5" squares. I also got a nice big stack of 2½" strips and a few 1½" strips out of it, too. Wheee! Now I'm ready to sew!


Sue worked with me and she made great progress on pressing her last batch of hip  clips. These are a fashion accessory that her granddaughter has been marketing.


Look at those stacks of product! These are sold for ten dollars a pair to fasten onto the short sleeves of your tee shirt to add a little pizazz to your outfit.


I also turned in a finished candle mat to the growing stack of small quilts and pretty potholders for a Fall charity event called Bowls for Hunger. They are hosting an auction to raise funds.


The morning was enhanced by cups of fresh coffee and chunks of milk chocolate, yeay!


In the meantime, back at my house, I've been making French Lavender sachets and working on some 8" sawtooth star blocks. Here are a few for you to see.


I love making these blocks because they give me an excuse to play in my scraps and try new color combinations. Whenever I sew the last row onto the star block, I get a thrill to see it all come together!


Happy sewing!




6 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely sawtooth star blocks, I especially like the first blue/red one..
very pretty hugs, Julierose

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful star blocks I find playing with my fabric to be a great stress reliever

Nann said...

What a great way to spend the day, Vic! I look forward to seeing the stars when they're assembled.

Janet O. said...

Was it just the two of you at the Sunshine Club today?
Your candle mat is very pretty!
I, too, love coming up with fabric combinations whether I am making stars or churn dash blocks or any number of traditional blocks. Your stars look great, Vic!

els said...

The reds you use in your quilts are amazing.

cityquilter grace said...

love your stars!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...