Saturday, January 27, 2018

A Top And A Half

The weather finally cooperated so that I could go to my Friday sewing group at the Golden Gese in Concord, New Hampshire. We were welcoming Claire, our group leader, who recently became a widow due to a tragic accident. Her husband had a seizure while he was up on their roof and he fell to his death. She is so brave as she carries on at the cutting desk. This is the quilt that the group made for her.


The blocks are beautiful.


As for me, I had brought my pressed and starched log cabin blocks to do a layout on the big tables.


The 20 blocks looked great in the Fields and Furrows setting with those graphic diagonal stripes running across the quilt top. The strips are 2½" wide.



I labeled them and picked them up in sequence to sew them together later at home.

Maureen was sewing together some bright happy-looking charm squares that are 5".


Looks good, Maureen!


Maureen and her friend, Sandy from Florida, made these super little zippered pouches that are embroidered with a pattern.


Now those are handy!


Beverly had a whole bunch of cute little printed sayings that she is sewing into a quilt.



When I got home, I was like a house on fire to sew together those log cabin blocks and get them photographed outdoors this morning.


I'm not sure if I will leave this top as is or add borders. I need to measure it exactly, but I think that it is around 54" across.


The scrappy 16-patches did get a border on it and it needs a backing now. So that's all the news that's quilty.

Happy quilting!





5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

nice blocks vic...love the colors! border?

Robin said...

The log cabin blocks look great sewn all together. So sad about your friends husband.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Kind thoughts for Claire. Your log cabin looks great

Janet O. said...

Oh, I ache for Claire! I am glad she has good friends with whom she can gather and share activities she loves.
Good to see you able to get out to your quilty group.
Love your log cabin blocks. Every time I see you making one, I tell myself I need to follow your example, but have yet to follow through. :)

Nann said...

What a lovely comfort quilt for your friend.
Did the log cabins stay in the correct order on the trip back home? (My blocks wriggle and jump out of line all the time.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...