Saturday, January 6, 2018

Happy Twelfth Night

We have been battered by snowstorm after snowstorm with bone chilling cold weather all along! Thursday dropped 14 inches of fresh powder and here is what it looked like after Husband Wonderful plowed out our driveway.

It is too slippery to walk down to the mailbox, so we drive down to it to prevent falling down.

I've been sewing lots of four patches which I then joined up into 16-patch blocks.

The colors are all creams, reds and greens in Civil War reproduction fabrics.

Miss Emma Lynne enjoys an afternoon nap on the futon.



Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for posting Vic! Have worried about you with the incredible weather you’ve had. I learned that Mt. Washington was one of the coldest places on the planet today!! Ms. Emma seems to have found a good way of coping. And of course Quilting is always a good option. Stay warm andvsafe!

cityquilter grace said...

what else to do with that much snow but sew....nice blocks...very cold for MD here...8 degrees this AM...too cold to take my recycling out to the dumpster...lol

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Yes, we have been hammered! But, I love a good snow/sew day and it looks like you do too. I love your 16 patches!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Us too, my goodness..we have from 1 ft. to 16"..And those winds were wicked...it was -21* last night. that's temp, not wind chill.
stay warm

Janet said...

Seems to be winter everywhere these days except for Newfoundland. My daughter says it is balmy there. Glad you are keeping warm. We are enjoying the cross country skiing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...