Monday, January 22, 2018

Sins Of Omission

My dear friend Grace reminded me that I had neglected to show some pictures of the scraps from Keepsake that I was sorting yesterday, so here they are!


It's a nice mix of color and pattern.


Some of the larger pieces are big enough to glean several 2½" strips that are width of fabric.


I found a new start of some random log cabin blocks and did a few mile a minute rounds on those with a lovely dark brown scrap strip. There's a link to my tutorial on how to do these off to the right on my blog.


The other sin of omission was that I made up a cute little table runner with three orphan blocks that were 16-patches to send to a dear friend of my sister.


There were two blocks left over and I made up a third one to complete the piece.


It was quilted with straight lines, x'd through the squares and I gave it a flannel plaid backing.


The red plaid flannel had picked up so many linty threads on it that I gave it a thorough grooming with my roller lint remover! Hah! All clean now.


Here is the label going to Reverend Carol who gives comfort to us all.

Happy Quilting!



4 comments:

Beth in MN said...

Hi Vic, About time I catch up with you. Long time since I have commented. Great scraps from Keepsake.

Janet O. said...

My one experience at Keepsake's tent sale was really fascinating and productive. Looks like you acquired a nice bag of scraps. Actually, I have to wonder just how many bags you were able to fill on your last tent sale adventure? :)
Love the name for your great table runner!

Unknown said...

Awesome,
Thank you so much for sharing such an awesome blog...
best agriculture business training for labor

cityquilter grace said...

nice haul there vic...the tent sale is sooo awesome...but glad i don't live too close...LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...