Sunday, January 21, 2018

Movin' Kinda Slow...

The big news at Park Hill Farm is that we are finally experiencing some January thaws that have cleared the driveway of ice and snow! Wheeee!

On the quilting front, I noticed that my rotary cutter was dull and I asked Husband Wonderful to install a new blade for me. The sticker showed that it had not been changed since last August!



As for me, I've been in the low-light winter doldrums when it comes to any kind of ambition. Today I rummaged around in my many random piles of new fabrics to find a scrap bag that came from one of the annual tent sales at Keepsake Quilting's retail store.

It was fun to dig through the scraps and sort and iron and cut them into usable sizes. I chose 2½" squares and harvested a few nice stacks of them.






Lastly, I sewed up a bunch of scrap strips into sachet pouches filled with French lavender and dried rose petals. I sell these for $3.00 each or two for $5.00 during the summer months to benefit the local food pantry.





With the driveway open, I was able to get over to my friend's houses to distribute some belated Christmas cheer and that felt good!


Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Robin said...

I love the sticker on the rotary cutter idea. I'm going to use that.

cityquilter grace said...

good to see you posting again vic...cheer up, more daylight coming every day. at least you are keeping busy...and show us the new fabrics!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You have been very productive during the winter thaw! Temps here in Deep South finally above freezing and it feels great. Has given me some motivation to get some things done.

swooze said...

Glad to see you posting. Hope you are well

Janet O. said...

I hope the lengthening days will perk you right up, Vic! This world needs your sunshine!
That is a long time without changing your blade. But if I had a sticker on my rotary cutter, I'd probably find that I go just as long--or maybe even longer at times. ;)
I'll bet cutting up those pretty red fabrics brought a smile to your face.
Having enjoyed your lavender sachets, I'd say that is a very nice thing you do for the food pantry.

Nann said...

Vic, it's so nice to read a new post from you! Your absence had me (and others) worried. Hopefully the lengthening daylight will perk up your spirits.(That's in addition to the burst of energy from starting a new project with a nice sharp rotary cutter!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...