Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Epiphany! Happy Twelveth Night!

Hooray, the blessed sun is shining again today here in New Hampshire! Because I do seem to have some Seasonal Affective Disorder, I make it a point to bundle up and GO OUT and sit in the sun EVERY sunny day for 15 minutes. My winter sun is best in front of the garage doors, also protected from the northern winter wind.
I've been having fun the past few days with the "Devil's Puzzle" block from Barbara Brackman's new Civil War website:
http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/




The very first block uses Half Square Triangles and I was thrilled that my Omnigrid ruler cut them perfectly! My darling niece, Michelle, had given me a huge hatbox full of Keepsake Quilting scraps for my Christmas present from her. So here are my blocks! I think I just needed a short break from the intensity of the Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll Mystery quilt. Now I'll get back to the last 40 of the 120 sawtooth strips that I need to make.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...