Monday, January 17, 2011

Poking Along on RRCB

Today is bright and sunny but cold! I sat outdoors for about 10 minutes and then ran in for more hot decaf tea.
I went downstairs into my basement Quilting Cave, determined to break the inertia problem of not having worked on RRCB, Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll mystery quilt in several days. In combining steps 5 & 6, I think I created a monster. I need 120 units of 5 HST's sewn together. I had 80 done. This morning I got another 10 done so that's 3/4's done! Focus on the positive, focus on the positive...
Sometimes as I am sewing on this project, I am using the next item to be sewn as my leader/ender. But I also keep a nice lil handful of pretty scraps just to the right side of the White Sewing Machine to piece together into little pouches for sachets. I make them about 3"X5" but they vary a bit. I fill them with natural potpourri in one of three scents; French Lavender, Dried Rose Petals, or Balsm Fir Needles. I sell them for $3.00 each or two for $5.00.
But I love to give them to distant friends by tucking one into a birthday card. I made two dozen as a gift for each person in Hospice Care locally. They are marvelous for hospice because the sense of smell in humans is one of the very last things to cease functioning in the process of dying, and these are fine for anyone who is bedridden. This little pouch had bright red, so I put dried Rose Petals into it. Sooooooooo nice!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...