Thursday, September 6, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Help! Somebody stop me! LOL, I just can't stop making these cute sawtooth star blocks out of Civil War reproduction fabrics. I think I'll quilt and bind these for some more potholders to sell at the show.

They just look so olde timey, don't they?
It has rained so hard for the past couple of days that none of us had made the long walk down to the garden. So when Matthew went this morning, look at what he found!
Wow! That's a lot for three people, one of whom is now taking a lot of meals at his dining commons. Saturday, I'll take a bag to the food pantry.

Some of you have responded that you love lobster, too. If you can't get access to the fresh ones, here is a good recipe for the frozen shelled-out cooked meat. I know, I know, it's expensive. But it's cheaper than ordering it in a restaurant and better quality as well. So indulge a little.





Lobstah Salad

1 bag frozen lobster meat chopped  (about 2 to 3 cups)
1 bunch of green scallion onions (only the upper part) sliced finely
4 single stalks of celery, cut into strips and finely chopped
1 whole head of Romaine lettuce chopped finely
about 2 Cups of real mayonnaise
several shakes of Mrs. Dash's Lemon Pepper Seasoning
2 big splashes of cider vinegar
1 splash of lemon juice


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and chill. Serve heaped into hot dog rolls or on top of snowflake dinner rolls.

These are kinda messy to eat but they are so delicious! The secret is that cider vinegar that brightens and brings out the lobster flavor. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Nan said...

Yummmm...that recipe sounds great. I think I'll try it! :)

bertiequilts said...

too many civil war blocks... you need something more to do... go to Barbara Brackman's web site and start on the suffragette BOW she is starting (this past Saturday)

Marsha said...

Those are landlubbers' lobster salad rolls, Vic. Nothing but lobster and minimal mayo in a Mainer's lobster roll. These sound good too, though.

Nann said...

Oh, keep on with those stars. Can you hold some lobster salad back for Stevens and me? (What a bonus year for lobster-lovers!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...