Monday, January 7, 2013

Eight Block "A's" Done

Several people in the group that are working on easy Street have commented on how long it takes to create one block. I have been working on the a block, doing two a day and now I have 8 done. That's halfway! They sure are wrinkled when I'm finished.

Here is the same block after I have starched and pressed it. What a difference!

Now you get to see the right side too!

When Felix first saw these blocks, he said, "Oh wow, those look medieval! They are beautiful!" He is my best fan! I am so glad that he liked them.

We had some roast chicken leftovers and Felix made chicken salad with dried cranberries. He stuffed the chicken salad on to a flax seed  roll up bread. Then he sliced off little rolls for our lunch. They were delicious!
I first saw these served at a guild luncheon and they were a big hit.






9 comments:

Janet O. said...

This isn't very encouraging to someone just starting out on Easy Street! : )
Felix sounds like a keeper!
I used to have that very same Corelle set! It was a wedding present. I only got rid of it a few years ago when I figured I had broken enough of those "unbreakable" dishes! *LOL*

Jill said...

Looking good:)

Beth in MN said...

Wow Vic, I really like your fabric choices for Easy Street. Those roll-ups that Felix made sound yummy. I'll be right over!! LOL

Kathy W-P said...

Vic, I've been looking forward to seeing this post...although I used Bonnie's colors - I was interested to see how your ES is coming along... I really like it!
Kathy in CA

cityquilter grace said...

love those blocks, can't wait to see them all together...and looks like a luscious lunch!

Janet said...

I really like the scrappy look that you are achieving!

Debra said...

Loving your A blocks Vic. I have done a single one yet! I'm working on piecing the backing to my NYD Mystery quilt. When I'm done with that I'll start back up on Easy Street. Wow, 2 blocks a day is good progress with all those pieces to sew together! Felix is so sweet!!!

bertiequilts said...

I also love your blocks... I havent done much on my ES but am planning to do some as I like mine... but I am going to just do some of the greens and use some reds for some of the greens...

Anonymous said...

I love the creams in the background of your Easy Street - it makes it feel very warm and cosy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...