Monday, January 21, 2013

Holding Patterns

Sometimes my piecing and bordering process is dependent upon, "this getting done before that can happen" issues.

I'm not finishing Easy Street block "B's" until I redo all the sitting turkey units,


so I started working on getting my six sets of 6 churn dashes all ready for swapping,



 which means that the decks are not cleared to make the binding strips for Sister's Choice Part II.



The little "Streak Of Lightening" baby quilt


is waiting to be sandwiched but I need my big table cleared for that and it is currently holding all the Easy Street fabric selections.

Whew! I feel like an air traffic controller with many airplanes "stacked" in a holding pattern waiting for final clearance to a runway. That's when I get all stressed out about it all. Now that's really stupid! This is a hobby. This is for fun.

When I get weird like this I veg out on mindless marathons of TV reruns of shows like True Stories of The E.R., Pawn Stars, or Hoarders. Or I sit at the computer all day surfing quilting blogs and fabric vendors on Ebay. You notice that I never seem to veg out on housework, do I? LOL!

It helps to have a sunny day with clean fresh snow to roll in, too, according to my stress-buster dog, Raven.





6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I'm loving those churn dash blocks--and Sister's Choice continues to call to me!
Maybe it would ease the stress if you joined Raven and rolled in the snow. And if you should do it, get it on film and post it, please! : )

Anonymous said...


This is a topic which is close to my heart... Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details though?

Debra said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I, too,have the same problem......These past few days I've been catching up on Downton Abbey.Love!

Lori said...

Boredom in winter brings on cooking/baking sprees. Since this isn't the best coping skill--I've learned to give a lot of the baking away--and when I get that "urge" I pull out my handwork (applique, yoyos, and binding) and relax a little. Since I'm home alone a lot of the time--I can turn music on and sing with it---I don't THINK my neighbor can hear me!!

Nann said...

Good for you for changing the turkey blocks. You will be much happier. I also get overwhelmed by too much undone and too much in process. Take a deep breath and do one.thing.at.a.time.

Louise said...

The Civil War fabrics are so rich looking, and I love your sister's choice. It really looks antique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...