Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy Mayday Everybody!

Oh joy! Oh rapture! There are daffy's open all around the flagpole even though they are hard to see in the photo.
They were only planted last fall so I hope that they will continue to thrive and will multiply.
Over by the drying yard beside my clothesline is the vinca minor, or myrtle, with it's cheery blue blooms.
And spring came to my line, too, with a finished small quilt of 38" square, done in scrappy Civil War log cabins and bound in paperbag brown broadcloth.
This is one of a series of three and it is the first one I have finished. It is center/light barnraising set 4 blocks by 4.
I quilted this myself with LOTS of help and coaching from Ellen Peters at the Cat's Whiskers Quilting Studio in Laconia, New Hampshire.

The pattern is Baptist Fans and we used "groovey boards" to trace out the design. I really like the wonkiness of the scraps!

Happy sewing!




2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Beautiful flowers, Vic.
And I love the little quilt--great quilting job. Hmm, I've heard the name Laconia quite a bit while DD#1 is here visiting from NH!

Unknown said...

Hi I stumbled upon your blog today.
Could you please tell my the reason behind the name. My surname is Parkhill
Thanks jenni
jp.wilbur@yahoo.com.au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...