Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Watermelon Dress

Today was a fun day of dying a watermelon dress for Bella's 7 year old daughter who lives with her father.



We used a ready made white cotton dress from Dharma Trading and all their dye stuffs, too. Here is the Link.
First was a little green dye for the watermelon rind towards the base of the dress.


Bella did a great job of following Dharma's instructions!


We were surprised at how much red dye it took to do both the front and back of the little dress.


After all the dye had been carefully sponge-brushed onto the wet dress, we gently turned the big kitchen trash bag inside out to enclose the dress for it's overnight resting/soaking period down cellar.


We had fun and can't wait to see it when it's all finished!

This post is linked to Love Laugh Quilt's linky party! Link.

Hope you got to do some fun projects today, too!

8 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

dyeing fabric? you are a braver person than i....can't wait to see it!

Needled Mom said...

I can't wait to see more.

Janet O. said...

Angie has dyed a lot of clothing for her little babe, but I don't know that she has ever brushed it on. I'm very curious to see the finished watermelon dress.

Bonnie said...

WHAT No finished dress to show off? That is so mean! I must come back and see how it looks. I have 3 grand daughters 5 and below. I think 2 of the three would look great in a watermelon dress. The oldest would rather have ninja dress, if there ever could be one of those!

gayle said...

Oh, what fun! I'm looking forward to seeing the dress when it's done!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Always good to try something new! Will be keeping my eye out for the final reveal.

Cathy said...

Looks like fun. Hope it turns out better than my last project of sun painting with the grandkids. Take the artsy out of artsy-fartsy and that's me.

beth s said...

You're a brave soul. Can't wait to see it done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...