Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Freedom To GO!!!





 Yippee!!!! My car is running again! THANK YOU to Felix and Matthew!

I am soooo grateful to them both! They couldn't wear gloves or mittens because they needed dexterity and when their fingers were freezing they had trouble even grabbing tools.


You can see the flag showing the bitterly cold wind that they faced. But now I have a new coil, a new ignition module, a new rotor, and a new distributor cap, so it fires right up and runs terrific! THANK YOU, my heroes!
While I was grounded, I got a big urge to start something new over the weekend and was hoping for a quickie.


These two charm packs called to me and I sewed them all into giant four-patches and then into rows.


Even though it is very simple, it does take a little time. There is very little waste with an 8 by 10 set.


The most fun was selecting two borders from my stash to coordinate with the Moda Homestead Gatherings.


That's a Judie Rothermel Civil War Chronicles on the red border. The top measures 48" X 57" before quilting, and I've already cut the batting to fit it.


Next I need to prewash some Joann's cotton flannel for the backing, a solid chocolate brown. This isn't very big so I'm considering quilting it at home rather than on the big longarm at Ellen Peter's Cat Whisker's Studio in Laconia, New Hampshire. On the other hand, when I did one of these before at her shop, it came out so terrific! Here it is:


I also worked on 48 HST's and 48 4-patches for the March 15th swaps on Blockswappers.


The 4-patches aren't quite all done, but progressing nicely!


There are 6 identical units to one set, here are two sets that are all ready to ship!




My friend Deb, over at A Simple Life Quilts,
showed a wonderful use of these units in her Thimbleberries Quilt. When my swaps come in, I will try those Jacob's Ladder blocks!

I hope all your creative daydreams begin to gel into marvelous schemes for wonderful quilts!






4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Mobility is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
What a lovely "quick" project (I use that term loosely. Nothing in quilting is really quick). I can't wait to get some of Lisa's new line. No one around here even has the precuts. It looks great as this new creation!

cityquilter grace said...

nice work there vic...putting me to shame for sure....did get phoebe out for some mending and today i just might sew up some blocks too!

helen said...

I love this new quilt of yours!
Best wishes!

Helen in the UK said...

Glad to hear your car is fixed. Love how the border draws out the red charm squares, but then red is my favourite :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...