Monday, January 23, 2012

Scrap Therapy

When there is no sunshine and it's freezing rain, I need scrap therapy! So today I cut like crazy. Each fabric that I selected for the 2" charm swap over at The Curious Quilter, was a 2" strip. So why not cut two or three extra width-of-fabric 2" strips while I was at it, right? YAHOO!!!! I had a fabric field day!

By cutting the extra strips, I managed to fill, not one, but rather two small plastic shoebox bins. I can't wait to do some strip twist quilt tops or maybe a rail fence, too?
I also got all the rest of the 50 additional 2" charms cut and bagged to mail out. Aren't they sweet? They take a long time to cut up. I took hot tea breaks every 45 minutes or so. I can't tell you for sure because my battery in my watch decided to give up the ghost sometime this afternoon. I guess that tomorrow, when the weather is predicted to be better, I'll go get a new watch battery installed at the jeweler's. Hmmm. That's right beside Joann's and I have some coupons...hehehe.

One of the very best things that I did for myself today was to only select fabrics that were stacked up on my cutting table to use for the swaps. Once used, I made myself PUT THEM AWAY! So I was able thus to clear a big space on my ever-beleaguered cutting table. My goal is to have it completely cleared off, but as I have resisted setting a concrete deadline for that, it has remained swamped for too long. I'm just pleased to have progress!

5 comments:

Debra said...

Well, you've been productive! Good for you Vic. :-) Feels good doesn't it.

Katie said...

you're a CRAZY woman!!! hahahaha. . . can't wait to see the resulting quilt!

Kats Studio said...

Well, I've got to give you an ATTA GIRL!!!! You have been a busy little bee with all that cutting and your quilt blocks are wonderful. Stay warm my friend.

Jen said...

Thanks for including a link to your blog in your email from the postage stamp swap. I just had to check it out since I am a blog-a-holic. I am so impressed by how productive you are. Makes me want to get my behind in gear and sew faster! LOL

Astrid said...

Hi! I'm part of the fun too, and even if it was quite some work - and time consuming - I loved cutting the squares! Love your little treasures! They are jewels, aren't they? You have done a great job!
Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...