Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Quilting Diva

Yippee, Skippee!
Today's mail was very special because is contained a thick flat rate priority envelope from my very dear blogging friend, Elaine in Nebraska. http://elaineadairpieces.blogspot.com/ Just look at what she made for me! It is so cool!


This notebook organizer is so beautifully made and I love the colors-all toasty browns. The notebook itself has a secret pocket in the middle of all those pages. There is a fabric pocket, too, for your pens, with one already in there from Elaine.
In that pocket was an outrageously decorative "Quilt Diva" pin showing a quilt lady all ready for her next workshop, dragging her tote with fabrics spilling out of it, and her sewing machine strapped onto a luggage wheeled rack. She has a pair of shears on her headband and a necklace of spools of thread. Too funny! I just love it!
THANK YOU, Elaine! Here comes a BIG hug!

As for Orca Bay, I'm pleased to say that I'm working along on step 7. I am using my red string triangles and wing units as a leader and ender piece while I am making my ity-bity 5" Civil War swap blocks for Nickelswap. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nickelswap/ I need to send these in by January 15th in sets of six blocks. Here are two different sets so far:


The colors of Civil War prints are so muted and understated; such a change from my bright boisterous choices in Orca Bay, but I like both!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Vic, I Adore Civil War fabric. LOve them to pieces! Never seen one I didn't fall in love with. I hoard them. I hate to cut them. I know, I'm a little off. Oh well, could be worse right?! Later...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...