Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl

For dyed-in-the-wool Patriots fans like me, the Super Bowl was a disappointing loss to the NY Giants, who played brilliantly. But for me, the day was not a total loss.
Keepsake Quilting's mothership store was hosting a Super Bowl Sale. When each customer got to the register, she got to pull a preprinted slip of paper out of a bag to discover how much of a discount she would receive; 10%, 15%, 20%, or, one lucky lady could get 25% off her order on regularly priced items. I was there to buy a few Civil War prints for swaps with no particular quilt project in mind. I was scandalized that some of them are now over $11 per yard! I refuse to pay over ten. I looked carefully in the sale/outlet room first.
Yippee! I found a Jo Morton, a Judie Rothermel, and a Windham from the Chester Country Historical Society 1840 reproduction! They were in the $6 and $7 dollar a yard range, but of course, would not qualify for further discounts at the Super Bowl register drawing.
At full price, $9.92 per yard, I found two Civil War prints that I really liked; one off-white shirting and a fabulous cheddar. My drawing at the register was for only 10% off, the minimum, but hey, I'll take it!
I got everything home and quickly prewashed it in Orvus in my extra big bathroom sink and hung it out on my clothesline right away. I'm sure it froze overnight, but it was perfectly dry in this morning's sunshine.




That was yesterday and I had also cut up some Civil War stuff for my Nickelswaps. Here are the pretty little sets all ready for their baggie and mailer.


Now I'm off to the Post Office to mail them off!

4 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

I particularly like the pale shirtings and the cheddar. Good neutrals are often hard to find :)

Debra said...

Beautiful fabrics Vic!! Reproductions are my weakness!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh my, what absolutely beautiful fabrics. Good thing the LQS's around here don't carry many reproductions ... my budget wouldn't survive, and my little house would explode! ;-)

Sharyn Hutchinson said...

Vic...Do you live very near Keepsake Quilting? I definitely want to go there someday. I'm sorry about your Patriots :(

Sharyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...