Monday, June 18, 2012

Border Patrol

I had to laugh at myself for making two more Evening Star blocks when I don't need any more. I just couldn't stop making them! 
The pieces were already cut because I had cut up way too many and when they were just hanging around beside my machine they called to me.

"Victoria, you know you want to make more Evening Stars!" Victoria, you know you don't really want to put on borders or bindings!" I love sewing little pieces together into pretty blocks and it's like potato chips, you can't eat just one! LOL!
The whole gambit really was avoidance of adding the borders onto "Recent Developments." But after I firmly put my foot down and placed all the extra Evening Star pieces into a clean paper bag and carefully labeled them on the outside, I started doing borders.

I love how borders make a quilt a little bigger, but most of all, I like the way they frame the central design and give the eyes a place to rest.
It seems to take me forever to do my borders. Today I completed the borders on "Recent Developments", my version of Happy Scrappy Houses by Bonnie K. Hunter. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/happy-scrappy-houses.html

Here is the quilt top after its final pressing with my starch recipe. It came out 63" X 74", which I think is a nice couch-potato size. Now to decide on a backing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...