Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Reversible Quilt

I know, I know. I 'm not supposed too start anything new. But at our Woodside Sew & Sews sit'n'sew group, one of the gals, Margy O'Brien, gave a dynamite presentation of how to do a quilt-as-you-go reversible quilt. It is from Sharon Pederson's book, "The Reversible Quilt; Two At A Time", from That Patchwork Place.



Margy did a great job teaching us what to do and we had a lot of fun!


Once again, I pulled out combinations of florals for both sides of my quilt. You know that I am a sucker for a floral! One side is a pastel seafoam blue-ish green and the other is a Moda brownish red. I only got three blocks done but I love how they look!

This is the pink and seafoam block before it has been trimmed.

These are two quilted blocks, joined already by a sashing strip that will be hand-hemmed down. Now I will flip these two blocks over so that you can see the reddish brown and gold side, okay?

The quilting is being done as straight lines along the strips and it looks very nice. The reddish brown and the neutral background florals are both Moda, the rest are Thimbleberries and that one lacey-looking Barbara Brackman.

It may take me twenty forevers to get the next 45 blocks done, but it will be worth it!

In a senior moment, I had stupidly forgotten my reading glasses back at home when I was at the workshop. But Janice had an extra pair with her and let me borrow them. It saved my day. Aren't quilters just the very BEST people??? Thank you, Janice!


On the way home, I dropped off, "Scottie", my Scotland-made 1951 Singer Featherweight 221 for some routine maintenance. I want Scottie to be in tip top condition for the Boxy Stars workshop with Bonnie K. Hunter at the Vermont Quilt Fest on the 28th of June. I'm giddy to be actually going!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...