Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thrift Shop Treasure!

There is something in me that loves a bargain, but even stronger is the urge to "rescue" an item that may not be fully appreciated in its current surroundings.

At Trudy's Thrift Shop in Alton, New Hampshire, next town over from mine, I found a quilt! It is all cotton, no rips or tears, no bad odors, and a very clean queen size at 84" square. It is very densely quilted in an allover meander and it is a little faded. I think it was commercially produced, probably in China within the last 5 or 10 years, but it bears no label or tags.

Felix is already napping under it.
I paid the princely sum of $25.00. I feel like I stole it!


1 comment:

Debra said...

Pretty Quilt Vic. Nice soft colors. Great find. Sometimes you really have to look to find the treasures. But that's the fun of the hunt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...